Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit day two introduced one new event, one fan favorite and the premiere event of the entire weekend, The Grand Tasting at Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace. - The renowned chef team at Bacchanal Buffet, led by Chef de Cuisine, Ryan Nuqui, and Caesars Palace's Executive Chef, Severin Nunn, hosted the first "Dine in the Dark: A Sensory Lunch at Bacchanal Buffet." Guests experienced a four course meal that enticed all of their senses, all while blind folded. Click here for Scene Feature interview with Wolgang Puck!
- Chef Nobu Matsuhisa brought back the popular "Sushi Making and Sake Tasting" event, where he taught guests his original "Nobu Style" way of making sushi, while paired with premium sake.
- Prior to the Grand Tasting, chefs from Caesars Palace, The Cromwell and more gathered for a pre-event Grand Toast on the terrace of MR CHOW. Caesars Palace Regional President, Gary Selesner, and The Cromwell Regional President, Eileen Moore, both led the toast and congratulated the chefs on what was sure to be, another successful Grand Tasting.
- The Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace's Gardens of the Gods Pool Oasis is the cornerstone event of Vegas Uncork'd, welcoming more than 50 renowned chefs and restaurants. Wolfgang Puck was honored on the red carpet with the Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit Lifetime Achievement Award for trailblazing the culinary scene in Las Vegas and making it the dining destination it is today.
- Another special moment at The Grand Tasting was the presence of season 15 HELL'S KITCHEN finalist, Kristin Barone, and season winner, Ariel Malone, at Bally's Las Vegas' BLT Steak booth. Since the event was taking place simultaneously as the finale was airing, BLT Steak had televisions showing the finale, which Barone and Malone watched surrounded by friends and guests.
- Caesars Entertainment is committed to environmental stewardship with its organization-wide CodeGreen program. To celebrate the company's efforts, Chef Katherene Brookshire from Flamingo Las Vegas, created an art sculpture using more than 10,000 corks, titled, "An Adventure of the Heart and Mind."
- Grand Tasting participants included: GIADA, MR CHOW, Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, Gordon Ramsay BurGR, Gordon Ramsay Steak, Nobu Restaurant & Lounge, Restaurant Guy Savoy, Payard Patisserie & Bistro, Rao's, Mesa Grill, Old Homestead, Beijing Noodle No. 9, Bacchanal Buffet, Serendipity 3, La Gloria, Searsucker, FIZZ Las Vegas, BLT Steak, Martorano's, Guy Fieri's Vegas Kitchen & Bar, VooDoo Steak, Flour & Barely, Vigil's BBQ, Amorino, AmeriCAN, Ghiradelli and Off the Strip.
Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit day three, Saturday, April 30, was a big day for The Cromwell as Giada De Laurentiis and Salvatore Calabrese made their event debut with brunch and a mixology class. At Caesars Palace, culinary gods entertained and Gordon Ramsay and HELL'S KITCHEN season 15 finalist Kristin Barone and newly-crowned winner Ariel Malone brought the heat.
- Emmy Award-winning celebrity chef and New York Times best-selling author Giada De Laurentiis made her Vegas Uncork'd event debut with "Brunch at GIADA: An Italian Inspired Feast," at her wildly popular restaurant at The Cromwell. Guests at the brunch we also pleasantly surprised by the presence of Tyra Banks, who was there to support her good friend.